|TT-2 Tesla Tank|
2x directed-energy Tesla coils
30 (25 when critically damaged)
50 between shots, 2900 to reload after 3 shots
Leaves a recoverable wreck when destroyed
|“|| Who said lightning can't strike twice?|
- Tesla Tank
The Tesla Tank can effectively deal with almost all types of ground targets, firing unforgiving lightning bolts generated using Russia's fearsome Tesla technology.
The TT-2 Tesla tank is the successor of the original TT-1 testbed vehicle. Despite the impressive lethality of its experimental electrolaser weapon, the first model was marred by early design flaws due to its lightweight construction as it was merely a tank in name only. Taking these issues into account, General Aleksandr has chosen the BMPT combat vehicle as the basic platform for the new model. The chassis has been extensively modified to accommodate for a high-voltage power capacitor and the single 'embedded' Tesla coil of the original vehicle has been replaced by a set of two smaller coils mounted on a rotating turret. Prior to seeing service at the frontline of the Russo-European War in late 2048, the new Tesla tanks were spontaneously redeployed to Slovakia, where they put a definitive end to the famed Bratislava uprising within only three days.
The Tesla Tank is an anti-surface unit, armed with Tesla coils can easily kill infantry (including garrisoned ones) and combat any kind of vehicle. Despite the vehicle's weapon being effective for its price, it has weaker armor compared to other armored vehicles and requires a General's Promotion to unlock. The tank can be easily destroyed by anti-armor weaponry, especially from aircraft.
- Can clear garrisons
- Does heavy damage to tanks
- Instantly kills infantry
- Can attack multiple targets (depending on their type)
- Can use smoke grenades to distract enemy fire
- Can discharge electric current around it
- Weak armor (as compared to other tanks)
- Tesla discharge ability disables the Tesla tank temporarily
- Tesla discharge ability has a small radius
- Requires a general point to unlock
The Tesla Tank is voiced by George "Seòras" Exley.
- The Tesla technology was originally inspired from the same technology in the Red Alert universe.
- The design of the Tesla Tank resembles the one in Red Alert 2 and the other in Red Alert 3.