|“|| Who said lightning can't strike twice!?|
- Tesla Tank
They laugh at me in the academy... But who's laughing now?!
Directed-Energy Tesla Coil (x2)
Russian War Factory
- Tesla Discharge
- Tesla Discharge disables the
Tesla Tank for a short duration
|Tesla Tank Upgrades|
The Tesla Tank, designed by the Russian General Aleksandr, is a revolutionary directed energy weapon-based tank deployed by the Russian Federation. The Tesla Tank can effectively deal with almost all types of ground targets, firing unforgiving lightning bolts generated using Russia's fearsome Tesla technology.
The TT-2 Tesla tank is the successor of the original TT-1 testbed vehicle. Despite the impressive lethality of its experimental electrolaser weapon, the first model was marred by early design flaws due to its lightweight construction as it was merely a tank in name only. Taking these issues into account, General Aleksandr has chosen the BMPT combat vehicle as the basic platform for the new model. The chassis has been extensively modified to accommodate for a high-voltage power capacitor and the single 'embedded' Tesla coil of the original vehicle has been replaced by a set of two smaller coils mounted on a rotating turret. Prior to seeing service at the frontline of the Russo-European War in late 2048, the new Tesla tanks were spontaneously redeployed to Slovakia, where they put a definitive end to the famed Bratislava uprising within only three days.
The Tesla Tank is an anti-surface unit, armed with Tesla coils can easily kill infantry (including garrisoned ones) and combat any kind of vehicle. Despite the vehicle's weapon being effective for its price, it has weaker armor compared to other armored vehicles and requires a General's Promotion to unlock. The tank can be easily destroyed by anti-armor weaponry, especially from aircraft.
Pros and Cons Edit
- Can clear garrisons
- Does heavy damage to tanks
- Instantly kills infantry
- Can attack multiple targets (depending uon their type)
- Can use smoke grenades to distract enemy fire
- Can discharge electric current around it
- Weak armor (as compared to other tanks)
- Tesla discharge ability disables the Tesla tank temporarily
- Tesla discharge ability has a small radius
- Requires a general point to unlock
When created Edit
- Tesla Tank, charge complete!
When selected Edit
- I'm wired!
- Do you like my new treads?
- Who said lightning can't strike twice?
- Capacitators ready.
- Such an electric atmosphere!
- Generators humming.
- Surge protectors on.
- Peace... through... power!
- The Leader liked my little project...!
- Electrodes primed.
- Let's find some more test subjects...!
- They will fear us...!
- The power of gods...!
- Tesla platform is ready.
- Science... can be fun...!
- They always said I need a shock therapy...
- They laughed at me at the academy... BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!
- Voltage level set.
- The Tesla technology was originally inspired by the Command and Conquer: Red Alert series.
- The design of the Tesla Tank resembles the Tesla Tank from Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 3, and previously used the voice set of the unit from Red Alert 3.
- This unit replaces the TT-1 Tesla Tank in v1.85.
|Infantry||Boris Bikov • Conscript • RPG Conscript • Igla Trooper • Shmel Trooper • Shock Trooper • Spetsnaz • VDV|
|Vehicles||Arms Supplier • Badger • Blackbear • BRDM • Buratino • Construction Crane • Field Quarters • Golem • Gorgon • Grizzly • Grumble • Kodiak • Mauler • Mishka • Ogre • Rhino • Sentinel • Shilka • Supply Wartruck • Tesla Tank • Topol-M • Tor Heavy AA • Tunguska • Wolverine|
|Aircraft||Berkut • Havoc • Hellion • Hind • Hunchback • Sokol|
|Structures||Airfield • Barracks • Coal Power Plant • Command Bunker • Debris Bunker • Helipad • Industrial Plant • Missile Silo • Radar Outpost • Supply Warehouse • Tremor AGAS • War Factory • Weapons Bunker|
|Defenses||Blackout Node • Component Tower • Kashtan|
|Support||Backfire • Blackjack • Candid • Halo • MiG Bomber|