20 (10 when injured)
3 (GATTLING) (pistol)
30 (EXPLOSION) (Stinger)
|“|| Watchful eyes of homeland skies!|
- Stinger Soldier
GLA fighters revel in the irony of American warplanes being shot down by their own anti-air missile systems. The FIM-92 Stinger, acquired by the GLA through their extensive black market connections, remains one of the most effective anti-air weapons even though it is almost a century old. Stinger soldiers are usually grouped in three at specific locations, nicknamed 'stinger sites', where hostile aircraft traverse often. Lately however these sites have become easier for bombers to target and destroy, resulting in the mobile Ural trucks transporting stinger soldiers between locations, and even the soldiers themselves hiding among the foliage and striking when the aircraft pilot least expects it. Because of their large Stinger launcher they can't carry any secondary weapon heavier than a personal defense weapon, most commonly a pistol.
Stinger Soldiers are a relatively new infantry unit.
Their main role is to engage enemy air units, much like their Russian Igla Trooper counterparts. While not much of a threat on their own, Stinger Soldiers are a cheaper AA solution than Tunnel Defenders as well as a longer range and could be deployed en masse to overwhelm enemy air, especially when garrisoned inside structures or Battle Buses.
To defend himself against ground units, Stinger Soldiers are often issued with a CZ-75 handgun to give him some capability against infantry. While it is relatively weak, garrisoning him inside structures would be an ideal option, especially in groups.
- Watchful eyes of homeland skies!
- Stinger armed and ready.
- They shall not drive us out!
- Anti-air at your service, General.
- Protector of our venerated skies.
- We shall not tolerate transgression.
- Missiles prepared to strike.
- No sky rats shall escape my aim.
- Senses sharp, General.
When ordered to move
- I know these lands, General.
- They will pay for all the homes they have destroyed!
- Stinger on the way.
- GLA anti-air en route.
- Marching order now.
- Commencing my journey.
- The path to freedom.
When ordered to guard airspace
- I'll keep my eyes peeled.
- None will escape my gaze.
- No infidel shall pass.
- I'll strike them down if I see them.
When ordered to garrison structures
- A good vantage point.
- We can take cover in there.
- That's a good ambush location.
- Quickly, in there!
- We can fire our missiles from there.
When ordered to attack with pistol
- Shoot them!
- They've snuck up on us, brothers!
- Use your pistols! Hurry!
- Let their blood nourish our soil!
- Run to cover!
When ordered to attack with Stinger missile launcher
- Crash and burn, scum!
- Get out of my skies!
- Targeting the fools.
- Witness my vengeance and fall!
- Like lightning from a cloudless sky!
- Bring them down!
- Say your prayers!
- Revenge for my people!
- DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!!
When under fire
- Brothers! Help me!
- The infidels are firing upon me...!
- Send reinforcements, General...!
- I was out of missiles anyway...
- Alright, alright, you got me...!
- This is so embarrassing...
- Grah... I can't fire missiles like this...
- Don't shoot! I surrender!
- The Stinger Soldier shares the same model with those occupying Stinger Sites.