"Nuclear postal service"
Has a chance to explode on death
|“|| Nukeneer, ready to deliver!|
- Nukeneer arriving on the field
Armed with bulky mortars, Trained by General Mau, The Nukeneers can use their weapons to lob low yield tactical nuclear warheads over significant distances.
|“|| Hope we don't create any super mutants from all this|
In 2014, a seemingly innocuous train crashed a few kilometers outside Mudanjiang in the North-East of China. Moments later, the residents of the city outskirts were shaken awake by a bright flash and the sound of a massive explosion. The military was quickly dispatched to lock down the surrounding area and recover the wreckage whilst official Chinese news agencies merely reported of a conventional gas explosion.
However, leaked internal reports later revealed the disturbing truth to the world: The train was actually carrying an entire arsenal of experimental sub-kiloton nuclear shells, designed for short-range tactical delivery by means of a heavy infantry mortar. Shockingly, the weapons were only equipped with the most basic safety mechanisms, one of which had now failed catastrophically. Colonel Tsing Shi Tao, the lead designer of the new weapon, quickly realised that this disaster could cost him his entire career. In a surprising move, the man who would later become a hotly debated figure for his liberal use of atomic bombs against GLA holdouts in Central Asia donned a protective suit and organised the entire recovery of the remaining shells himself from within the blast zone, averting what could have easily become one of the most devastating nuclear disasters in history. The development of the new warhead was put on halt, as it was deemed too unsafe even by its creator.
Several years later, the young General Hu Tan Mau gave the project another chance and has recently adopted a revised version with improved safety features for use by his mortar operators, who jokingly refer to themselves as "The Nukeneers" for their drastic approach to practical problems on the battlefield.
|“|| They will bury your remains in a lunchbox|
- Nukeneer attacking
The Nukeneer serves as a footmobile artillery unit, capable of devastating units and structures from afar with its weapon. The nukes it fires are effective against all kinds of ground targets, particularly infantry and structures. However, despite its formidable firepower, the Nukeneer also suffers from a number of disadvantages.
After Black Lotus and the Volunteer Squad, the Nukeneer is the most costly Chinese infantry unit, and is vulnerable at short range to its large dead zone. Additionally, the Nukeneer's weapon takes some time to set up before it can be fired.
It should be noted that Nukeneers can be transported by vehicles for greater mobility, though they are unable to garrison structures or enter vehicles with fireports.
All of the Nukeneer's quotes are filtered in the tone of one speaking through a gas mask with respirators.
When created Edit
- Nukeneer, ready to deliver!
When selected Edit
- General Tao would be proud.
- At least I have a suit for this.
- I am here.
- Whoa! Don't make me jump like that!
- Hai! Where's my team?
- Mortar, prepped and ready, sir.
- Who needed a Nukeneer?
- No, no, this is... a... great job! ...Honest...
- Hopefully we don't create any super mutants from all this.
- Ready to nuke!
- Nukeneer reporting!
- Nuclear postal service.
- My eyes are on the Geiger counter.
When moving Edit
- Moving away, hopefully.
- Not too close...
- No sudden bumps, please...
- I'll get there, sir.
- Yes, sir.
- Treading with caution.
- Just moving makes me nervous...
- Taking the package there.
When deployed Edit
- Nukeneer, deploying.
- You, sir, I'm far enough away.
- Phew, this thing weighs a ton!
- Setting out nuclear mailing station.
- Hah, making sure not to drop anything...
When attacking Edit
- Here, catch!
- Hot potato, hahaha!
- I'm glad I'm over here.
- I split more than just the atom.
- I find your lack of sunscreen... disturbing.
- They'll bury what's left of you in a lunchbox!
- Melt the enemy!
- Nuke away!
- Potato nuclear mail on the way!
- Witness the glow!
- A gift for you to cherish.
- The radiation will flow!
When injured Edit
- I'm too close!
- Of course, shoot at the guy carrying the nukes!
- I can feel my skin coming off!
- Stop it! You will hit the shells!
- Suit breached!
When surrendered Edit
- Why do you guys got to be so rough?!
- You know that getting this close to me is an unhealthy exposure, right?
- Careful with me, I'm a volatile walking explosive!
- The Nukeneer's weapon was based on the M65 Nuclear Rifle dubbed the "Davy Crockett" gun.
|Infantry||Black Lotus • Disruptor Team • Hacker • Minigun Team • Nukeneer • Pyro Technician • Red Guard • Tank Hunter • Volunteer Squad|
|Vehicles||Battlemaster • Dragon Tank • Dozer • ECM Tank • Gattling Tank • Hopper Tank • Inferno Cannon • Internet Truck • Listening Outpost • Nuke Cannon • Overlord • Shenlong • Supply Truck • Twin Fang • Troop Crawler|
|Aircraft||Interceptor MiG • Han Gunship • Hellfire MiG • Helix • Propaganda Airship|
|Structures||Airfield • Barracks • Breeder Reactor • Command Center • Internet Center • Nuclear Missile • Nuclear Reactor • Propaganda Center • Supply Depot • War Factory|
|Defenses||Bunker • Gattling Cannon • Speaker Tower|
|Support||Shaanxi Y-8 • Spy Plane • Xian H-6 • Xian Y-7 • Xian H-8|