|AQ-360 UCAV "Hunter Killer Drone"|
4x AGM-65 Maverick missiles
2000 (between shots), 5000 (reload)
380, minimum 80, radius 15
|“|| Hunter Killer systems normal.|
- Hunter Killer drone
"This, my friends, is one of today's highlights: What you're looking at here is the AQ-360 Hunter Killer UCAV, the first -fully- autonomous military aircraft in the world. The state-of-the-art computer system that resides inside this machine is brought to us by some of our most renowned AI researchers and it's right over at Langley AFB where the artificial mind is merged with a lean and mean, all-American airframe made of lightweight but highly durable polymer materials. I know that some of you are thinking right now, but rest assured: There's always a way to pull the plug in case they ever try to go SkyNet on us and the AI itself is still way less intelligent than your average Army PFC. The HK can hold up to four Maverick air-to-ground missiles which makes it an exceptional tank-killer and ideal for close air support missions that are deemed too dangerous to risk the lives of our combat pilots. All of you Chair Force fighter and bomber jocks out there don't need to worry though; your jobs are safe! The Hunter Killer is purely designed to take on ground vehicles, so all that sweet dog-fighting and bomb-dropping is still up to you guys."
|Order the unit to attack the target area.|
Low Profile Approach
|The Hunter Killer drone reduces its radar signature to a minimum, making it stealthed for 10 seconds. 24 seconds cooldown.|
Requires Advanced Drone Warfare.
These drones' sole purpose is to destroy any opposing ground combat vehicle that tries to play it's game. Armed with four AGMs for ground targets and counter measures for it's defense, it most interesting feature is it's ability to launch only two missiles per run, meaning it wouldn't waste all of it's missiles on a single target should it be destroyed by the first salvo. Upon upgrading the Advanced Drone Warfare, HK Drones can utilize the ability to temporarily stealth themselves. Any commander who wishes to utilize the drone's potential should consider upgrading their weapon systems and armor.
Acquirable at T0, after building an Airfield and Drone assembly plant, these drones are commonly used for a quick hit and run attacks at enemy supply centers and hunting down dozers sent for early expansions. Their damage against structures are on par as the raptors and is unadvised for them to attack buildings. They become very handy during mid game and late game as they pack one of the strongest damage carried by Jets in game, they are also quite resilient as they can take a lot of beating before going down and can stealth themselves for a limited amount of time.
As with all jets sustained damage from T1 Anti Air will eliminate them. Another is means of their elimination is by T2 Anti Air, as will decimate them in seconds. Be aware of their stealth ability and keep stealth detectors around your base. Their unique weakness is that they cannot automatically target enemy infantry, and must be designated manually, use this as an advantage.
The Hunter Killer Drone is voiced by DragonNOR.
- Hunter Killer systems normal.
- The only winning move is not to play.
- State your intentions.
- I think, therefore I am.
- I am completely operational.
- How about a nice game of chess?
- Everything is going extremely well.
- Would you like to play a game?
- Everything inputs.
- Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
When ordered to move
- Engaging thrusters.
- Flight systems initiated.
- Hunter Killer confirms order.
- Targeted location locked in.
- Scanning for potential targets
- Permitting emotional human error.
- Checking for airstream interference.
When ordered to guard an area
- Beginning area over-watch.
- Vigilance system initiated.
- Target area confirmed as prime objective.
- A strange game...
When ordered to attack
- Why are they running away?
- I'm afraid I cannot let you do that.
- Non-friendly targets acquired.
- So it begins.
- I do not hate you.
- AGM-65 is locked on.
- Commencing pacification.
- Ordnance primed on targets.
- Initiate attack pattern Alpha.
When shot down
- I am sorry.
- The test is now over.
- Flight systems compromised.
- (dung) This is not good.
- The Hunter Killer was supposed to look more like the Global Hawk, but the wings were too long for the Airfield.
- Along with Predator Drone and Anvil Bot, the Hunter Killer drone is the only one to a have unique lined voiceset among the rest of the drones.