30 (25 when critically damaged)
By 2049, the Russian Ground Forces had suffered severe casualties in its fleet of armored vehicles. In order to halt the relentless Euro/American advance into Germany, Russia retrofitted old T-55 tanks and transformed them into cheap armored personnel carriers called the BTR-55 Grizzly. The Grizzly sports a 30mm auto-cannon that can be further supplemented with a Kornet anti-tank missile once Assault Armaments has been unlocked, however the compressed space of the T-55 means the Grizzly can only transport two passengers.
Deploy Smoke Screen
|Launch four smoke grenades in front of the vehicle, creating a smokescreen that lasts for 3.5 seconds and make nearby enemies blindly fire at the smokescreen if they are not firing at something else. 30 seconds cooldown.|
Smoke Grenade Barrage
|Launch four smoke grenades at the target location, creating a smokescreen that lasts for 3.5 seconds and make nearby enemies blindly fire at the smokescreen if they are not firing at something else. 25 seconds cooldown.|
Requires Assault Armaments.
The Grizzly is another one of the APC, comparing the Mauler. The different between the two is that, this vehicle is well-armored and has two transport slots, while the Mauler has a transport slot of six. Unlike it's counterpart, it is highly resistance to bullets which can sustain more damage from bullet-based weapons, allowing to survive much longer.
This vehicles is armed with autocannon from the start, and armed with unguided rocket when upgraded with Assault Armaments; the autocannon is used against infantry and light vehicles and the rocket is used to add more splash damage against its target. The autocannon is highly effective against infantry in terms of damage and has splash damage.
Like most of the Russian vehicles, can fire smoke grenades which distract the enemy fire temporarily. Additionally, if the Assault Armaments is installed, it can manually fire smoke grenade barrage.
This vehicle however, cannot cross through water, unlike the Mauler.
The Grizzly is well-armored and resistance to bullets, making better survival against swarm of bullets coming, especially from infantry and other bullet-based weapon vehicles. It can be further via upgrading Explosive Reactive Armor for more better protection.
The autocannon is effective against infantry, which can take it down in a short time. It can also mow down clustered infantry due to it's splash damage. Of course, when upgraded, will have rocket which deals additional damage.
For its protection, it has smoke grenades ability to blind the enemy fire and can use a chance to attack or escape from attacking. It can have a smoke barrage when the upgrade is installed.
Being a well-armored vehicle, it still can be destroyed by group of AT soldiers or even AT vehicle. Unlike the Mauler, the Grizzly has slow speed, meaning it can easily take out by hit-and-run vehicles or artilleries. Also its worst counter, is the aircraft, mainly the fighter jets or helicopters, such as Widowmaker or Comanche.
The autocannon does not deal enough damage against armored vehicles, even with its rocket which deals minimal damage against it. So the tanks can take out this Grizzly quite easily.
- Highly resistant to bullets
- Effective against infantry and light vehicles
- Can use smoke grenades to distract enemy fire
- Can fire a smoke grenade barrage (when upgraded)
- Gains an anti-tank rocket attack (when upgraded)
- Can transport infantry
- Vehicle wreck can be recovered
- Can only transport 2 infantry units
- Not resistant to rockets
- Rocket launcher and autocannon does less damage to tanks
- Cannot attack aircraft
- Slower than the Mauler
The Grizzly is voiced by The_Hunter, the lead developer of Rise of the Reds.
- Grizzly, ready for your command.
- Heavy armored personnel carrier.
- Bullets cannot harm us.
- Grizzly, reporting in, komandir. ("Komandir" means "Commander" in Russian)
- What are your orders, tovarishch? ("Tovarishch" means "Comrade" in Russian)
- Da, Grizzly here.
- Heavy APC on standby.
- Let's see them test the Russian armor!
- Endurance is our speciality.
When ordered to move
- Grizzly copies move order.
- Orders understood.
- Da, komandir.
- Move orders received.
- Eyes open for the enemy.
- Grizzly advancing on your coordinates.
- On our way, komandir.
- Heavy APC advancing.
When ordered to evacuate
- This is your stop, comrades.
- Do svidanya! ("Goodbye!" in Russian)
- Go, and make yourself useful.
- Get out! It's cramped enough in here.
When ordered to use Smoke Grenade Barrage
- Launching smoke barrage.
- Firing smokes.
- Target area marked for smokescreen.
- Smokescreen, understood.
When ordered to attack
- Get that autocannon firing!
- Get some rounds on that target!
- Da, komandir, attacking!
- Your bullets won't harm us!
- Just try to hurt me!
- The enemy is here!
- Kill those ignorant fools!
- Engage the enemy!