|This article is a stub. Why don't you help out by expanding it?|
Chilling out in the woods...
Prototype support vehicle
30 (20 when critically damaged)
200, radius 20
|“|| Ready to make some snowman?|
- Fenris Cyro Tank
Whilst the United States make extensive use of lasers as point defense and anti-aircraft weapons, the nations of Europe have concentrated their research efforts on the civilian utilities of the technology. One of their most promising discoveries was the possibility of using special frequency lasers to slow the motion of atoms to a near standstill, resulting in a focused freezing effect. Ideally, the technology could be used as a more eco-friendly alternative to bulky cooling machinery and aggressive chemicals. A team of Scandinavian scientists even explored the idea of using this remarkable technology to revert the effects of global warming by restoring the Arctic ice. Unfortunately, these so-called 'cryo lasers' also presented a considerable destructive potential which was exploited during the final phase of the Russo-European War: Named after a monstrous wolf from Norse mythology, the Fenris is an elaborate modification of a conventional Lynx APC which has been outfitted with a freezing laser that proved extremely lethal against enemy infantry and even vehicles which not only take damage but also end up immobilised due to deformed machinery and severly reduced crew performance after prolonged cooling. The Fenris can also fire a high energy shot which freezes the vehicle to the point where parts of its armour become so brittle that even its own idle engine vibrations or weapon recoil are enough to shatter it open, thus directly exposing the crew to the freezing ray, killing them instantly and leaving the vehicle empty for recovery. Unlike the dreaded Pandora cannon, the Fenris can be deployed in numbers upon choosing the eponymous protocol, but commanders are advised to treat their expensive and fragile technology with utmost care.
|The Fenris Cryo-Tank overcharges its cryo laser to fire a powerful Iceblast at the target enemy vehicle to kill its occupants, which takes 4 seconds to be charged before firing. 4.2 seconds cooldown.|
- Absolute zero.
- Can't say a cold one?
- We'll send them back to the Ice Age.
- The ECA's personal icemaker.
- Yes, commander. Go ahead.
- Ready to make some snowman?
- Brrr... it's freezing in here...
- Can you feel a chill in the air?
- Snow cone, anyone?
- Ready to dish out some "cold hard justice".
- Fenris here, just chilling.
When ordered to move
- That looks like a good place to chill.
- Like a Norse wind.
- Brace yourselves, winter is coming.
- Easy, or breeze it.
- The iceman cometh.
- You got it.
- I was too hot here, anyway.
- Only if you say "freeze".
- Should've brought my scades.
When ordered to use Fire Iceblast
- Firing Iceblast.
- Not cold enough for ya? Try this!
- Taste the cold chill of death.
- Time for a flash freeze!
- I'm just an ice cold killer.
- Ah, you won't feel a thing... (laughter)
When ordered to attack
- You need to cool off.
- Ice that guy.
- Hot shot, eh? How about you cool it?
- Hell just froze over for you.
- Let's make some ice sculptures.
- Allow me to break the ice.
- Chill out, man.
- Frostbite, anyone?
- Have an ice day!
- Send them to the chiller.