Russian Federation lies in its tanks, but its infantry still have their strengths. Although they are equipped with ordinary weapons during early stages of battle, Russian Generals can equip them with more powerful weapons during later stages. These weapons are stored in the Weapon Bunker, ready to be issued on command.
Once the upgrade is researched, the following improvements are rolled out:
- Conscripts gain larger magazines, enabling them to fire in longer bursts.
- RPG Conscripts gain a modified RPG launcher that fires a dummy warhead before the real one to distract missile defense systems (such as Point Defense Lasers).
- Igla Troopers can use lock-on missiles that are able to ignore all types of countermeasures. However, they require additional time to get a lock on their target.
- Shmel Troopers can use anti-toxin rockets to clean up biological hazards. Their standard rockets also cause more damage.
- Boris is equipped with more powerful machine gun ammunition, increasing his firepower.