Advanced Infantry Munitions is a tier 1 upgrade available to Russian Federation
The true power of Russian Federation lies in its tanks. But Russian infantry has its own effectiveness. Although they are equipped with ordinary weapons during early stages of battle, Russian Generals can equip them with more powerful weapons during later stages of war. These weapons, having powerful targeting systems and munitions are stored in Weapons bunkers, ready to be issued on command. When this upgrade is purchased, all Russian infantry trained from barracks (excluding Shock Troopers, since they are a part of General Aleksandr's Shock Divisions, and not the main Russian Army) gains more powerful weapons.
Once this upgrade is research:
- Conscripts will gain larger magazines, enabling them to fire longer bursts
- RPG Conscripts will gain a modified RPG Launcher, able to fire a dummy "distraction" warhead before real one. This is effective against rocket defense systems (such as Point Defense Lasers), as they will have to shoot two warheads instead of one.
- Igla Troopers will gain a special type of Anti-Air Lock-on missiles. These missiles will ignore all types of countermeasures used by aircraft, ensuring that they hit their target, but this comes at the cost of a brief cooldown to lock on enemy aircraft.
- Shmel Troopers will gain an anti-toxin rocket, enabling them to clean biological hazards. Furthermore, their standard rockets are replaced by more power rockets, giving them 50% damage bonus.
- Boris Bikov is equipped with more powerful Machine Gun Ammunition, giving him a 25% damage bonus.